Friday 29 November 2013

Makro Road Trip

Carole Knight
Makro Account Manager


Being the Account Manager for the Makro Group at Access Point, I had a great opportunity to visit five stores in November.

What a treat to be chauffeur driven by the Director of Access Point David Robertshaw!  He took me to visit Makro Reading, North Acton, Enfield, Ipswich and Norwich.  We were well looked after and spoiled with lunches from all the lovely Store Managers.  It was great to see and meet them all and to finally put a face to the names I speak with all the time.  We chatted about how they would like to see more revenue for their stores and the different options I could work with.  







Actually visiting the stores and seeing them in the true “light of day” gave me a much better prospective of each store. 

Being on site gave me the opportunity to arrange and meet with new customers who want to use the Makro facilities for various reasons including to store cars, HGV training, motorbike training, car washing and even a film production team using the car park for all their trailers and catering vehicles whilst shooting a new film called ‘Pride’ near the Makro Store – shame we didn’t have time to take advantage of the offer to visit the set and meet the stars…………booo David Robertshaw!!!





After a very exhausting first day starting 7am and finishing a 7pm we eventually booked into the Marriot Hotel for a very well deserved vodka, dinner and a few red wines, I was even asked to choose and enjoyed a lovely Rioja.  No expense spared and I was well looked after by the boss!

Our final day was to visit Ipswich and Norwich – two stores so far out of the way.  But my chauffeur persevered and continued the driving, he even offered to change the sports and news programme (the only station he listens to) to BBC2 to help the journey along.  I was told at the beginning of the trip that no way would he change the radio, but I think even David got fed up with my nattering and changed to BBC2 to shut me up!

Overall my road trip was very successful.  My two meetings with potential new customers resulted in them signing up to use the Makro Car Park facilities.  

It’s always a joy to meet my Store Managers and put names to voices….I’m already looking forward to the next road trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment