Tuesday 25 February 2014

From Champagne To Super Noodles



My champagne afternoon tea experience at the Hilton Hotel - Kate Crummey, Sales Administrator

As part of Project Evolution here at Access Point, I was awarded passport stamps for completing various tasks and activities at work which I had saved up and could then cash in for various rewards.

An afternoon of pink fizz!
When I saw the option to try a champagne afternoon tea at the Hilton I couldn’t think of anyone who would enjoy it more than the champagne fiend that is my cousin Lisa!! She even did a little clappy hands, stampy feet dance when I gave her the news!

Sunday came and after enjoying a lovely lie-in I called my friend Kirsty to make sure I rubbed it in that I was having a day of luxury while she had nothing more than a day of Sunday television and chores to look forward to!

Kates 'Limo!'
I glammed up and headed to the station, a little disappointed to discover a rail replacement bus service to Liverpool, however, I closed my eyes and pretended I was just on a massive limo! 
 
When I got to Liverpool I met with Lisa who was still doing her excited little happy dance!

We high-tailed it to the Hilton which was absolutely beautifully decorated and we instantly felt like superstars. We had our own little booth in the Pima bar and very soon had a glass of pink bubbly goodness to enjoy!
 
Lisa and Kate "Cheers!"
Delicious sandwiches
Next we were promptly brought a selection of handmade sandwiches, cakes and scones on a beautiful display cabinet. We tucked in to the delicious feast in as prim and proper manner as we could manage on two glasses of champagne and remembering to stick our pinkie fingers out!

Handmade cakes
Once finished we were offered anything else and champagne all sipped up, we got back into our comfort zone and ordered a pint of lager each! 

Both wishing we had the chance to stay longer we reluctantly headed home where after a lovely day of classy food and fizz I sat down to my tea of peppered steak Super Noodles!
 
A wonderful day I would definitely recommend.

Champagne to Super-Noodles....not nearly as glamorous!



No comments:

Post a Comment